Ana Maria Marovic, Montenegrin poetess, 1815-1887
By Jelena Bakic
From 1838 Ana Maria Marovic dedicated herself to religious life. Together with Canon Daniele Canale she founded the charitable institution l’Instituto Canal ai Servi in Cannaregio. Moreover, Ana Maria Marovic has founded the religious order L`istituto delle Suore della Riparazione al Sacratissimo Cuore di Gesù e di Maria Immacolata. She died on 3rd October in 1887 in Venice (Italy).
Ana Maria Marovic`s work
- 1851, La morte dell'eminentissimo Cardinale Jacopo Monico Patriarca di Venezia. Terzine. Venice
- 1851, Considerazioni cristiane sulla qualità del vestito, Venice
- 1839, Pie conversazioni sulla vita di Santa Dorotea, Venice
- 1843, I versi, sonnet collection, Venice
Reception of Ana Maria Marovic`s work in Montenegro
- In 1997 a book of sonnets written by Ana Maria Marovic is published in Perast (Montenegro). These sonnets were originally written in Italian and have been translated by Don Gracia Ivanovic.
- In 2005: Film: Ana Maria Marovic, duration 35 min. Director: Tanja Piperovic. Biography and work of a woman from Boka Kotorska Bay from 19th century, thoughts, verses and her life.
AsK October 2011
- Portraits of Authors: Ana Maria Marovic >